Lenan Fort 4
Over 120 men were garrisoned here during the Second World War but the site was finally abandoned in 1952.
Lenan Fort in tandem with Dunree Fort protected the safe haven of Lough Swilly. It was built between 1895-1905 as a defensive fort and now lies in ruin. Over a large land area, the remains of the fort commands a presence. The scenery around the ruins provides great backdrops and the views are spectacular.