Fanad Lighthouse 2
The lighthouse was built by George Halpin with construction starting in 1812-13 and the light was first lit on St Patrick’s Day 1817.
Fanad Lighthouse is one of Donegal’s most loved features. The lighthouse sits on the cliffs of Fanad and its architecture is remarked as one of the best examples of a traditional lighthouse. The location is isolated and rugged whilst still attached to the mainland, and has a helipad nearby.